• Colleen

May 21, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Cris, yes, I knew exactly what you where talking about. I have used them many times over the years. Here is the link, you will see it when you scroll down. https://phassociation.org/pha-free-materials-store/

• jen-cueva

May 21, 2019 at 4:34 pm

Cris, Colleen is correct, that’s a great place to find PH Materials to hand out . Calling or emailing them at PHA and they can help you and are very friendly as well. Please let us know if you need additional help.

BTW, is that a Mini Schnauzer in your pic?

• Cris Dingman

May 21, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Yes Jen, that’s my little four legged son! He is a mini and his name is Dirty Harry. If you know schnauzers, you’ll get the joke… Inquisitive, cunning, hard headed, you know, just a make my day kind of guy!

• jen-cueva

May 21, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Aww Chris, love it ! I have had several Mini Schnauzers, my previous one was my boy, he was salt and pepper, he was stolen, unfortunately years ago! My heart was broken as I had never been a huge animal lover and initially bought him for my hubby, he ended up being my sidekick, lol

About 4 years ago we decided to get a female , she was almost one and a black one, Sasha or SashaBear as we call her is our fur baby and rotten! They have such funny and unique personalities, it’s so funny ! She’s my nap buddy .

Anywho, I wanted to say , that’s a great idea! We are supposed to have a block party later this year and I never thought of handing those out. I have ordered them to give to my local Fire Department, EMTs, etc in November for PH Awareness month along with some treat for them. I like to educate and share my story with them . Great idea !

You may also find interesting topics about under the Advocacy and Awareness forum.

• Cris Dingman

May 21, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Thanks Colleen, I thought I was going nuts! Every year we have a giant neighborhood block party for July 4th, and I wanted to get some info gathered to hand out to folks. Thanks again!

• Colleen

May 21, 2019 at 4:39 pm

The other thing I meant to point out Cris, but you can see from the order form, those cards are free. You might also find some other resources there too that you might want to keep in your collection.

• Colleen

May 21, 2019 at 4:49 pm

Cris, I love that idea of passing them around on the 4th! Those cards are a nice and easy way to spread awareness. We have shared them during coffee hour at our church and my son has given them out at school. Have a safe and happy 4th of July. Time flies, it will be here before we know it!

• Colleen

May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm

It’s great hearing the various ways we all spread PH awareness. Jen, I love what you do for the EMT’s and Fire Department in November. Great idea and I just might do the same next November!

• jen-cueva

May 22, 2019 at 9:22 am

Thanks Colleen, I find that if I make baked goods or take treat bags attacked to some of the materials, it’s a way to educate as well as thank them.

I’m sure I’ll post more tips and ideas as it gets closer to November.

• Colleen

May 22, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Please do Jen! I want to hear more about it when November rolls around! Such a great idea!

• Vanessa Vaile

May 27, 2019 at 3:33 pm

PHAware, PHA Canada, and Team PHenominal Hope also have good collections of resources for educating others on PH.

If I had a printer, I’d print out cards to hand out. Instead, I share links, videos and graphics on Facebook and Twitter — tagging individuals and organizations generously. I’ve taken to targeting area health related organizations, community service organization and the local hospital. Lately I’ve been tweeting and posting about participating in a local 5-10 K (“5:10 to Yuma”, June 10) walking the 5K route pushing an oxygen tank in my tricked out utility cart (complete with a clip on UV umbrella) and wearing my purple PH Warrior t-shirt.

• jen-cueva

May 27, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Thanks @vanessavaile! Great tips and I also spread awareness via social media .

I think your upcoming 5K in Yuma sounds awesome! I hope you will have some pics to share with us! Definitely a Warrior!

Do you have an increase in swelling in the Yuma area with the heat ? I know it is dry heat compared to here in Texas with our crazy humidity, but when I visited family in AZ several times in the summer , I swelled up like a puffer fish fast !

• Colleen

May 29, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Vanessa, I hope you share a picture with us when you participate in the 5K! You are quite the PH Warrior! Good luck on June 10th! @vanessavaile