Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Has anyone been tested positive?

• jen-cueva

June 23, 2021 at 11:24 am

Hi @b2testnav, I am so happy that you are sharing such a positive update with us after COVID. I am 6 months out since COVID and continue to recovery in many ways. But I am getting there slowly.

Interesting that the bleeding and anemia were related to COVID. I have anemia and require iron infusions, but this was before my COVID. But, hoping this all stays behind you and you continue to feel more like yourself.

Isn’t the most difficult challenge trying to figure out what’s related to long-haulers COVID and not?

• Colleen

June 23, 2021 at 6:26 pm

That is happy news @b2testnav! To think of how far you have come since this time last year! Yes, I do hope Covid can now be kept behind you and that your health continues to improve. Thank you for updating us!

• jen-cueva

July 22, 2022 at 1:09 pm

I hate mentioning this topic again. But unfortunately, it doesn’t want to stay away. Lately, I’ve heard of many PHriends and loved ones who have tested positive for COVID.

Just as we think, it starts weaning down, bam- it strikes again and another new variant.

One of the latest is @jimi, praying that he doesn’t have too many symptoms and is a light case.

Have you or a loved one recently tested positive for COVID? Did your PH team treat you with any of the new treatments available? How are you feeling now?

• Colleen

July 22, 2022 at 6:29 pm

@jenc I commented under @jimi post that I know a number of people who have gone this whole time without catching Covid but have come down with it now. It concerns me because no one (knock wood) has contracted it so far in my family. Still a bit suspicious that Aidan and I had it last summer but multiple tests said no.

What I am hearing from people is that unless you have a concerning medical condition treatments aren’t being offered. People are told to just stay home but of course they want you to report your case for statistic purposes.

One friend is being treated because she just went into Cancer remission last month.

She shared the following to social media and I think it’s worth sharing here.

“Day 9… Still very positive…like within 15 seconds positive…faster result than when I had a fever positive. Lest anyone think it’s safe to be around people after 5 days like the CDC suggests just because the fever is gone…….Clearly, my test suggests otherwise…”

• jen-cueva

July 25, 2022 at 1:25 pm

Hi @colleensteele, yeah, I hear the same from many. Also, most people are saying if you are symptomatic, go in to be tested with the PCR test. The free home tests aren’t as reliable as they hoped.

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she gets some relief soon, and it doesn’t affect her too much as she’s in remission. Thanks for sharing that status update. It’s the things like that we need to know.

The weekend Manny and I finally decided to go and watch Maverick. It was an odd time, and less than half the place was filled. But I was still anxious. Unfortunately, it’s almost like it’s never going away. Has anyone else been worried or anxious about COVID when out in public again lately?

• jen-cueva

May 2, 2023 at 1:37 pm

I found this article on our PH News Home page the other day interesting. Despite the chaos and anxiety the pandemic has come with, this study found PH patients’ mental and physical health improved.

Please give it a read, and let’s talk about this. The link is below.

PH pandemic improved mental and physical health

Page 5 of 5