Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH How Are Things in Your Area Now ?

• jen-cueva

September 11, 2020 at 11:56 am

Oh @dinky1952, it sounds horrible there with the fires and smoke. Please do stay safe. That must be scary. Not mentioning how much it affects your breathing.

My mom made me some masks, and they have an opening in them to use the filters. Of course, she sent me the filters, too. This was probably early April; she sent so many. She did not think about me not going out much at all.

Stay safe, and please keep us posted on the situation in your town.

@colleensteele, how are y’all dealing with the smoke? Is it at least cooler to stay indoors?

These fires are out of control and so scary. I cannot even begin to imagine. I have seen pics of several PHriends, and all I can think of is how this must be affecting their lungs. Prayers for all dealing with the fires and smoke.

• Colleen

September 11, 2020 at 4:10 pm

@jenc fires are still burning in WA. Aidan’s co-worker had to rush out of work yesterday because she received a call that her house was on fire. The smoke is so bad and the news reports for today said it’s going to get worse. There is a big cloud of smoke headed our way from the fires in Oregon and CA…add that to our own fires. We just ordered more masks for Cullen, like the big P100. Fingers crossed they get here soon. He’s really in the need of some new ones. At least he has no reason to go outside. His upcoming appointments are all telemed. Aidan works outside most of the time and he said he might come home early today. His sensitive eyes are really suffering and he’s fighting a migraine from the smoke. What a crazy, sad year!

• jen-cueva

September 14, 2020 at 2:47 pm

OMG, @colleensteele, how frightening! I cannot imagine. We have hurricanes, but fires destroy so much so fast. I am sorry to hear of Aidan’s co-workers’ home. I heard that winds would be bringing the smoke and fires that way. I hope and pray that everyone in the path stays safe, and please keep us all posted.

Poor Aidan, I know that you will keep them all safe. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

@dinky1952 and @cdvol3gmail-com, how are y’all with the smoke and fires? Stay safe and anyone whom I may have missed. Everyone keep us posted. We care about you all.

• Carol Volckmann

September 14, 2020 at 4:35 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Aiden’s co-worker Colleen – that is so very sad. The reason we sold our home in Winthrop WA was we feared that too would happen to us. The fires are getting worse every year. Here on the Peninsular we are getting smoke but it isn’t as bad as it was 2 days ago and we just stay inside. Jen, I did a catch up with you earlier today – thank you for reaching out. Prayers and good wishes for staying safe and well everyone. Hoping Cullen gets his new masks very soon

• Denise K Thompson

September 14, 2020 at 4:50 pm

Jen cueva. We have been in the ‘above hazardous’ for air quality (over 500 aqi) for the the past 6 days & with the fog our house smells like a wet campfire. I swear I see smoke inside my house making it hazy. It’s cool outside but were told to keep ac on. Just uncomfortable all around. Same for family down south, but we can all be extremely grateful that we still have our houses standing. It’s hard to see how this world can crawl back from how bad things have gotten.

• jen-cueva

September 15, 2020 at 11:49 am

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, I was happy to hear from you. It sounds like you do not see the smoke like Colleen and others are. I am hopeful that this all is improved for y’all this week.

@dinky1952, so scary everywhere, I know. That must make it more difficult for your breathing. Have you felt your lungs burning from the smoke? I am happy that you are safe and have your homes. Take care of yourself.

Hugs and prayers for you all in these paths coming from Texas. <3

• Pat Gable

September 16, 2020 at 9:03 am

I’m in Florida where we have less cases than we did. I live in The Villages, and most of our cases have been in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I go to the grocery store at 7am; we only eat outside at restaurants, and not very often; we play golf but socially distance and ride in separate carts. I play bridge online. My cardiologist said to give up my hydrochoroquine (??), which is a water pill, during this pandemic. I take it because it was the only med that stopped my palpitations. So far, so good, but I gained five pounds!

• jen-cueva

September 16, 2020 at 10:17 am

Hi @patriciagable, it sounds like you are enjoying some time out while keeping safe. Yes, here the grocery stores open early for seniors and those with compromised immune systems. I have yet to go then since I am not driving at this time. But hopefully, soon.

I am grateful that you can enjoy dining outdoors and playing golf.

Are you referring to hydrochlorothiazide, as you said, it is a diuretic? Interesting that this helps your palpitations. I take 3 other diuretics but not this one,

Are your 5 pounds from enjoying food or from extra fluid? I hope that it is due to enjoying food. 😀

Page 2 of 2