Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH How Is Your Family Having Fun And Avoiding Driving Each Other Crazy?

• jen-cueva

April 16, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Wow @colleensteele! That’s horrible. I hate to hear that about your husband. I’m grateful that he wasn’t injured even more, not that the broken ankles weren’t enough.

My hubby was in aviation and on a carrier in Coronado when he wasn’t out to sea.

I always loved the sub ride at Disney but don’t think I could live on one. I’m sure that he has a ton of stories from his experience.

• Brittany Foster

April 17, 2020 at 6:54 am

@jenc if you want to hear something “well played” by my fiance, He was playing his war game online with his friends on xbox and always says to me “I can’t hear you through this headset so if you need me just text me so I will see it” since he supposedly wouldn’t be able to hear me in the room next door to him (So I thought). Well, my mom was over and we were gossiping about him playing so many video games and he heard it all. I think that headset of his has selective hearing ! hahahaha!

• Brittany Foster

April 17, 2020 at 6:56 am

@colleensteele breaks in the body are never fun. I am sure he couldn’t walk for awhile too. Does he have lasting injuries with walking, if you don’t mind me asking? I am thankful that he is safe. Drunk driving accident and crashes are no joke. There have been so many close call situations that I have read about to people that were my age and at the same high school as me. Reading things like that and reading about those that survive, I’m sure it’s something that gets brought up in their mind from time to time.

• jen-cueva

April 17, 2020 at 3:47 pm

That sounds so familiar and too funny, @brittany-foster I have had that same selective hearing all too often- Hehe.

I am dying laughing here.

• Colleen

April 17, 2020 at 4:00 pm

@jenc my husband has tons of sub stories. I’m like you and can’t imagine myself having ever lived on one!

@brittany-foster his accident was very bad and he’s lucky to be alive. His ankles were obliterated and it changed his life forever. He went from being very athletic to crippled. The pain is increasing the older he gets. He has often thought he might be better off with a prosthesis.

Page 2 of 2