• jen-cueva

May 10, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele. It was a pretty relaxing day here, too. On Saturday, my Moma came over, and my niece. Manny made burgers on the grill, and we ate and enjoyed having them over.

So, yesterday, Manny worked, and I rested most of the day. I had planned to come on and post for Mother’s Day and did not make it.

I slept for 2 hours once Manny got home. Because my appetite was poor, we just had a sandwich and fruit. We had planned to order food delivery. OF course, my KK was calling and crying because she is in Denver. She told me that she sent me a gift that would arrive today.

I prefer lying low at home. Even before COVID, Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day are two days that I prefer to celebrate at home or a park. Restaurants get too chaotic, LOL.

Sasha and Manny had flowers and a sweet card when I woke up. Sasha napped with me, too.

@colleensteele, I am grateful that you had a nice relaxing day.

• jen-cueva

May 10, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele. It was a pretty relaxing day here, too. On Saturday, my Moma came over, and my niece. Manny made burgers on the grill, and we ate and enjoyed having them over.

So, yesterday, Manny worked, and I rested most of the day. I had planned to come on and post for Mother’s Day and did not make it.

I slept for 2 hours once Manny got home. Because my appetite was poor, we just had a sandwich and fruit. We had planned to order food delivery. OF course, my KK was calling and crying because she is in Denver. She told me that she sent me a gift that would arrive today.

I prefer lying low at home. Even before COVID, Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day are two days that I prefer to celebrate at home or a park. Restaurants get too chaotic, LOL.

Sasha and Manny had flowers and a sweet card when I woke up. Sasha napped with me, too.

@colleensteele, I am grateful that you had a nice relaxing day.

• Susi Steppins

May 10, 2021 at 3:45 pm

Hello.
    Sounds like you both had a perfect Mother’s Day @colleensteele and @jenc.
    Ordering in for dinner seems to be a theme this year as we did the same thing, but for lunch.
    Both my son and my daughter were here all day as were my daughter in law and my grandkids and we had a wonderful family day.
    We just hung out and listened to music and ate and talked and played with our 2 year old granddaughter.
    We ended the day with strawberry shortcake before I changed into my pj’s and hubby and I watched Dexter, (our latest binge).
    My children got me something very neat for Mother’s Day.
    It is a subscription to StoryWorth.
    They send me an email once a week asking me a question about my life or about me.
    I write a short story in answer to the question and submit it.
    After a year they gather all of my answers and clean it all up and turn it into a book for my family to have.
    I am very much looking forward to doing this.
    I hope everyone else had a nice Mother’s Day.

• jen-cueva

May 17, 2022 at 10:47 am

Hi @s-steppins, I hope you enjoyed a lovely and relaxing Mother’s Day this month. I’ve been meaning to ask how your experience with Storyworth went. Did you finish it? I was thinking of ordering one for my mom this year but was unsure she would complete it within a year. Did you enjoy it? Did you create a book and give one to your kids when it was done?

How have you been managing?

• Colleen

May 17, 2022 at 3:13 pm

@s-steppins I’m anxious to hear about the completion of your Storyworth too. I’m thinking about making one for my mom and dad. They both have birthdays this summer.

• jen-cueva

May 6, 2022 at 11:21 am

Happy Mother’s Day to the lovely moms this weekend, including fur baby moms. Do you have any plans to celebrate on Sunday? Are you planning a quiet relaxing day in honor of Mother’s Day?

What mantra did your mom often say growing up? Are there words you use as a mom that your kids will never forget?

Growing up, my mom would say, “Do all with a happy heart”– I continue to love this and need this reminder daily.

• Colleen

May 6, 2022 at 3:15 pm

Have a happy Mother’s Day @jenc and PHriends.

My mom seems to always have a rosary in her hand. For those of other faiths, a rosary is a string of beads and a traditional Catholic prayer that seeks to honor Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Whenever something is bothering me, life is going poorly or when it’s at it’s best, my mom always encourages me to pray the rosary for guidance, emotional support and to give thanks.

I know that when God takes her home I will always feel close to her when I pick up my rosary.

This Mother’s Day the boys and I will probably go out for lunch then pick out my hanging flower baskets. It’s become tradition to do this.

• jen-cueva

May 9, 2022 at 12:07 pm

Hi @colleensteele, thanks so much! We enjoyed a lovely Mother’s Day. Manny made me brunch; then KK took me to dinner, where she enjoyed filming me as the server gave us all free shots of tequila. In the video that KK laughs so hard at, I’m making a disgusted face after a tiny sip, then poured it into one of their empty water glasses before the server noticed. My child loves to torture me; I guess, hehe.

I love your share about your mom and her rosary. That’s where you get your strong faith from. My mom always reminds us that it’s all in God’s hands when we are stressed. How has she been doing, BTW?

Yes, I remember your beautiful hanging baskets for that pop of color of the year. They are lovely! That’s such a sweet tradition with your boys.

Manny took me to See’s candies to pick out a small box because that’s what his late mom loved. But who doesn’t want chocolate? I could tell when we walked in that it hit him. It was also my mom’s first Mother’s Day with my late grandma, so I know she was missing her, plus my late stepdad is done, too. She was at my grandmother’s house with her brothers for the day.

I hope that all the moms here enjoyed your special day!

• Susi Steppins

May 18, 2022 at 1:28 pm

Hello @jenc and @colleensteele

My Mother’s day was very quiet this year.

We have all gotten through a battle with Covid and though it really took it’s toll on us we have come out on the other side of it.

The kids were all sick as were Brad and I.

Now my son and his family are all sick again with some horrible flu.

He tested positive for Covid again but the rest of them tested negative even though they all have the same awful symptoms.

So I haven’t seen them for a while.

The Storyworth project is really fun.

I have been so strecthed thin on time that I didn’t get all of my weeks in as I should have.

Watching the grandkids ages 1 and 3 keeps me very busy and when I do have a spare moment I am exhausted.

My dil’s internship has just ended so her hours will be more accomodating and I will not have to watch them as often.

It will be more like once a week instead of all week.

I love them so much but having children that age is for the young. 🙂

However, my wonderful daughter went ahead and renewed my Storyworth subscription for another year so that I will have the time to get all of my 52 stories written.

I believe that I have about 20 done so far.

It is very flattering to know that my kids want to know these things about me and my life and it makes me feel good to know that one day when I am not here any more my grandchildren will have something to read to know me better.

I love that I can include pictures that I upload to each story.

I would highly recommend this as a gift.

How was both of your Mother’s day?

I haven’t been on here much lately as I have been so busy but now that I have some extra time I will certainly be back.

Thanks for checking on me.

• Colleen

May 18, 2022 at 2:47 pm

Oh no @s-steppins I’m so sorry to hear that Covid hit you and your loved ones! You know, I really think a lot of false negatives occur. I’m still convinced that me and my youngest son, Aidan had it last summer but every test came back negative.

I think it’s good that you didn’t rush completing Storyworth and that your daughter renewed it.

My parents don’t use the computer but I’m planning a trip to see them this summer and it could be a fun project to work on together. Thank you for telling us all about it.

• jen-cueva

May 18, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Oh, so sorry, @s-steppins, about the COVID outbreak hitting your family. Hopefully, once everyone is feeling better and some time passes, y’all can celebrate a belated Mother’s Day. However, it sounds like you could use some rest, my PHriend. I can only imagine how busy the little grandkids keep you.

Our neighbor friends have a one-year-old. She’s one today and adorable. But last week, I watched her for maybe 20-30 minutes, and I was exhausted afterward. I’m not used to having one so tiny and into everything around.

Once you catch up on rest and watch the little ones less often, maybe you’ll feel up to working on your Storyworth project. Did your kids choose which questions they want you to answer? I thought I read that you can take as long as needed, so thank you for mentioning your daughter renewed your subscription. I think it will be a memorable experience, and I’m happy you’ve enjoyed it thus far. I know your kids will enjoy reading it once you complete it. Your sharing of your experience is helpful; thanks so much.

I’m sending you all get well thoughts, hugs, and prayers that you feel better once you rest a bit more. I certainly understand why you haven’t had time to pop in. Please know we don’t expect you to, but we want to see how you’re doing when you feel like posting a quick update.

• jen-cueva

May 12, 2023 at 1:34 pm

Happy Mother’s Day weekend to our moms. This includes fur baby moms, too. Let’s take a moment to honor our moms and all they do for us, even during this difficult time. We appreciate you!

And let’s not forget to wish the same to those who should be celebrated—the mom figures in our lives: grandmothers, stepmoms, and others.

We wish you all a relaxing and enjoyable weekend celebrating the incredible blessing you all are. What do y’all have planned?

• Randolph Reynolds

May 16, 2023 at 3:24 pm

Mind if I post something silly?  Since I am not a mother and my mother left us twenty years ago no one gave me a flower in church.  But for all you mothers – God bless you.

• jen-cueva

May 17, 2023 at 12:46 pm

Hi @ripple76, you are too funny! I’m grateful you made it to church. Did your wife get a flower? Maybe she could share? Hehe.

I received two beautiful bouquets. One from Manny and our fur pup, Zoe. The other roses were from my daughter and included two yummy small local bakery cookies. One was Pucker-up Lemon, my favorite, and the other was Cookie Monster, which I shared with Manny.

I’ll share mine, Randy, both are so bright and colorful on my table. I hope they last through the week.

Thanks for sharing a laugh and your blessings for us mothers. <3