Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Our PH healthcare team often suggests a heart-healthy diet that can be challenging and steal some joy from eating.

Today is National Eat What You Want Day. If you could eat anything you want today without health consequences, what would that be?

This can be a fun and enjoyable topic. But also serves as a reminder to pay more attention to any specific dietary recommendations with PH.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@jenc I’ve been craving lobster lately. The boys and I didn’t go out for Mother’s Day because Cullen had assignments due and Aidan was busy searching for a place to live. He’s moving to Louisiana in June to be closer to his girlfriend. The same company he works for in WA hired him there so he is all set in that regard.

Anyway, Aidan wants to take me and Cullen to Red Lobster this weekend to celebrate a belated Mother’s Day. I’m looking forward to it.

I know what Cullen would love to eat without having to ask him…a Reuban. He LOVES those but it’s hard to find a place that makes a good one. It’s funny that is his favorite because it’s always been my moms too.

So what about you Jen, what would you eat today if you could?

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

Yummy, a lobster does sound good, @colleensteele. I hope you and your boys make it to Red Lobster this weekend. Do they still do the endless lobster there? I love those cheddar bay biscuits, too. I haven’t been in years.

Aidan is moving to cajun country, huh? How are you coping with him leaving in June? That must be tough as I know how close you are with your boys. It’s hard when they are so far away, but they also need to spread their wings; I know, bittersweet. Please know I’m here anytime you want to talk.

I like a good Reuben too, which was Manny’s fave, and I started tasting his. I usually would get a french dip with extra cheese and au-jus. MMM. But seafood anything sounds much better to me. We did have In-N-Out burgers last night, but I didn’t eat much.

Jill Upshaw
      Participant

Lobster sounds pretty good. The Palm has really good ones. Been craving fruit and salads so that fits right in. I like it when the fresh strawberries come in. Yesterday, I had really good seafood fajitas with queso and chips and a margarita. Came home and had a bout with pulmonary edema…..

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

Your meal yesterday sounds so good, @upshtcx, minus the pulmonary edema. I have also been eating many fresh berries and blood oranges lately. Also, I ate some watermelon a few days ago, but it wasn’t quite ripe enough for my taste.

Seafood fajitas, chips, queso, and a margarita, are yummy! It sounds like you enjoyed a delicious meal.

Jenney
      Participant

If I could eat ANYTHING, it would be a big juicy burger with the works and crunchy fries and onion rings! But…. That’s IF I could. I’ve been experimenting with all kinds of fish since I was never much of a fish eater before and I’m enjoying that. Altho I was diagnosed in 2018, I never had a knowledge doctor until last month so I’m still navigating unknown waters

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

Hi @jenneyeiklor, how have you been? I haven’t seen your post in some time. Are you managing OK?

I could skip the burger, but the crispy fries and onion rings are more my jam.

I love chicken and seafood. What types of fish have you found you prefer best? I try to make fish once a week. I usually buy salmon and cod, maybe other fish depending on what’s on sale and what I plan to do. I also enjoy shrimp and typically have some in my freezer, too. It thaws quickly and can be utilized in many dishes.

Debbie Moore
      Participant

I would love a big bowl of boiled peanuts!  Can you tell I’m from the south?  But the sodium is out of this world.

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

LOL, @debbie, a southern gal by birth here, I immediately caught that! I’ve not been a fan of most boiled peanuts, but I have not had them in years. I had some in Mississippi years ago that I did enjoy but never found any like those again. They had a little kick in them, too. Oh yeah, I can only imagine the sodium in those. But taking that out would make them bland.

Debbie Moore
          Participant

They would be horrible with even just using a little salt.  They also taste different depending on the peanut you boil.  I love the Spanish peanuts, not so wet and lots of nuts in the shell.  Sometimes I’ll eat chickpeas and tell myself they are as close as I can get to boiled peanuts.  I’ll have to look up their sodium.  Now I’m hungry.

Jenney
        Participant

Hi Jen Cueva, no I haven’t posted in a long time because I was drifting at sea on trying to navigate PAH on my own. I live in a very small rural area and I had no real access to a pulmonologist that was knowledgeable with PAH. Last November I was visiting my daughter and son-in-law 300 miles from home as they prepared for the birth of my first grandchild. I was taken suddenly ill and sent to a hospital in Connecticut that also had no knowledge of PAH. After almost 2 weeks in the hospital with my O2 stats in the ’80s, they finally managed to stabilize me for gallbladder removal. I’ve been struggling to get back to normal from that and in the meantime my local hospital got a pulmonologist who is very knowledgeable in PAH!

I am scheduled in June for testing. I had already been diagnosed with pah in 2018 by my original pulmonologist who had vague knowledge of pah, but had no further testing after that. I was put on ambrisenten at the time and then put on to tadalifil. Tadalifil landed me in the hospital unable to breathe. Once I have these follow-up tests done in June my new pulmonologist is going to talk to me about remodulin or tyvaso.

So that’s the story of the last 4 years of my life! Since the gallbladder surgery I feel my health has not been as strong as it had been before it. So the timing of a knowledgeable pulmonologist has really given me hope that there is a way for me to get my strength back.
        <p style=”text-align: left;”>As for the fish I really like cod and tilapia. I also enjoy salmon on occasion.</p>
        Thank you for checking in on me!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account