Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy MD Columnist Writes About Rare Disease Day

• MD Columnist Writes About Rare Disease Day

Posted by jen-cueva on February 25, 2021 at 1:22 pm

Rare Disease Day falls on a Sunday this year. It is celebrated each year on February 28. Although a rare disease impacts us, we must remember,” we are first humans.” A fellow columnist living with Muscular Dystrophy (MD) does an amazing job on this topic. Despite our disease, we share commonalities.

He writes, “On this upcoming Rare Disease Day, I encourage everyone to think about someone you know who is rare not because of the disease they have, but because of the unique person they are.”

I encourage each of you to celebrate your uniqueness despite your rare disease. I agree that we, ourselves and others, forget that we, too, are human. In what ways are you unique?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

February 26, 2021 at 5:52 pm

This column fits right in with not letting your disease define you. I hope everyone will take a moment to read it.

One of the many things I love about our members is that their individuality comes out when they share about their family, interests, hobbies, careers, etc..

Jump in everyone, what makes you unique?

• jen-cueva

February 26, 2021 at 7:30 pm

So true,@colleensteele. This column really resonated with me. I am sure many others will also find this resonates with them.

I enjoy learning about our members; they are like PHamily. Each one is unique, and as they share more, we learn more about each of them. I love that I have the opportunity to be among such amazing people. I love this close-knit feel.

What makes you unique,@colleensteele?