Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Rare Disease Day falls on a Sunday this year. It is celebrated each year on February 28. Although a rare disease impacts us, we must remember,” we are first humans.” A fellow columnist living with Muscular Dystrophy (MD) does an amazing job on this topic. Despite our disease, we share commonalities.

He writes, “On this upcoming Rare Disease Day, I encourage everyone to think about someone you know who is rare not because of the disease they have, but because of the unique person they are.”

I encourage each of you to celebrate your uniqueness despite your rare disease. I agree that we, ourselves and others, forget that we, too, are human. In what ways are you unique?

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

This column fits right in with not letting your disease define you. I hope everyone will take a moment to read it.

One of the many things I love about our members is that their individuality comes out when they share about their family, interests, hobbies, careers, etc..

Jump in everyone, what makes you unique?

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

So true,@colleensteele. This column really resonated with me. I am sure many others will also find this resonates with them.

I enjoy learning about our members; they are like PHamily. Each one is unique, and as they share more, we learn more about each of them. I love that I have the opportunity to be among such amazing people. I love this close-knit feel.

What makes you unique,@colleensteele?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account