Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Forums Moderator Position Now Open

• Forums Moderator Position Now Open

Posted by Kathleen Sheffer on April 29, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Tomorrow is my last day as a moderator for the PH News forums. I will still be an active member eager to answer your questions on this site. Happily, my photography business is keeping me so busy I can’t give enough to this role, and I’ve decided to step down.

Our team is looking for a replacement to be Brittany’s co-moderator. Moderators can be caregivers as well as patients. If you might be interested in this paid role, please comment below, or send Brittany or me a direct message.

The BioNews Services team offers support and training from professionals, many of whom have their own disabilities. The people I work with are exceptionally understanding — and humorous! This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for part-time remote work that involves learning more about the PH community.

No commitment necessary at this time. Please contact us to learn more!

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • VK

April 29, 2019 at 10:19 pm

Hi Kathleen,

I am both currently financially satisfied and timewise overburdened so I’m not a candidate for the position. Is there an official call/job posting I can post to my Facebook wall? I know some rare disease people who could use extra work/income.

• Kathleen Sheffer

April 29, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Thanks for your response! We don’t have an official job posting at this time, but you’re welcome to share the link to this topic. We’d love to have someone already familiar with the forums take over, and definitely want someone with experience with pulmonary hypertension. Thanks for your help, Vik.

• jen-cueva

April 30, 2019 at 9:13 am

Kathleen,
    I am happy your photography is keeping you busy! I’m also happy you will stick around.

I’m definitely interested in working with Brittany and PH patients and caregivers. I can learn from her and I’ve wanting to brush up on my writing skills as well as a little financial help for my household.

I would be happy to discuss with y’all as far as more details.

Thanks.

• Brittany Foster

April 30, 2019 at 9:19 am

Hi Jen,
      Thank you so much for your interest. I will give your name to the department that is working on this. Could you direct message me a good e-mail address for you? I know you are always actively involved in our forum discussions and have a lot of knowledge about PH. I know we have a few other candidates too but it is great that you are interested. I will forward this message to them and they can reach out to you with more details. Just direct message me your email address that you would want me to use to send them.

• jen-cueva

April 30, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Brittany,
    I just direct messaged you.
    Please let me know if you do not receive it!

• Brittany Foster

April 30, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Jen,
      I received it and just responded to your in a private message! I gave our team your e-mail. Thank you for your interest.

• Kathleen Sheffer

April 30, 2019 at 4:14 pm

Thanks, Jen! I’m excited you’re interested. Thank you for being a great resource on our site.

• jen-cueva

April 30, 2019 at 7:52 pm

Thanks Kathleen!
        I’m so happy you’ll continue to be active in the forums as you’re a great resource!

Congrats on your photography business!

• Laurelle

May 1, 2019 at 1:50 am

Hi All.

I would be very interested in this position. I have pulmonary hypertensio and would love to share my insights while learning more about the disease and making some money on the side.

• Brittany Foster

May 1, 2019 at 8:39 am

Hi Laurelle,
      Thank you for your interest! I believe we have a few candidates who we are reaching out to but I will forward your information along too! Thank you for your interest.

• Laurelle

May 3, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Thank you Brittany😊

• Cynthia

May 7, 2019 at 10:36 am

I’m interested, can you forward the information.

Thanks Brittany

• jen-cueva

May 7, 2019 at 11:10 am

Great Cynthia! I’m sure Brittany will pass your information along, I’m excited that we have so many on here interested.

Brittany, do you know when they may be filling the position and announcing that the position is filled?