Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health On This Day After Christmas What Matters Most To You?

• On This Day After Christmas What Matters Most To You?

Posted by Colleen on December 26, 2022 at 4:55 pm

How did PH treat you this Christmas? Did it mess up your holiday plans, keep you from gatherings, cause you to break traditions, and perhaps miss Mass?

In today’s column, “What Matters Most Is The Glue That Holds Us All Together,” I immediately pointed out that it’s beginning to feel a lot like the day after Christmas.

In it, I share a beautiful Christmas story I recently heard about a grandmother’s unique Christmas mosaic made from broken ornaments. She uses them to teach her family an important lesson, that it’s what’s inside that matters.

I hope you will take a moment to read the column and share your thoughts but most importantly, how are you feeling today? What is bringing you down and what in your life can you think about to help lift you back up?

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

December 28, 2022 at 3:51 pm

What an emotional piece, @colleensteele. I enjoyed the lovely story of the grandmother and the broken ornaments. But most of all, I loved the message of this column!

This year, I only made one treat. It was from an old cookbook and my late Mawmaw’s fudge recipe. Mawmaw Dot, as we called her, made this every year for as long as I can remember. The cookbook was a Christmas gift from her one year, and she wrote a message to me inside. What matters most is that I could bring something from her into our Christmas holiday. My dad also sent me a ziplock bag of old pictures and things. One was a speech I wrote in 6th grade and won the state championship. He had it when I visited in March, and so many other things wouldn’t fit into my luggage. But I told him to keep them. He always says I’m the only one who cares about stuff like that. These unique memorabilia items mean so much. Are y’all sentimental like that, too?

I’m feeling alright, just drained but recharging some today after a busy day yesterday.

How are you doing, @colleensteele? How’s Brian? I know this was a different Christmas without the boys at home for you both.