Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy PHA’s 2022 International PH Conference

• PHA’s 2022 International PH Conference

Posted by jen-cueva on July 19, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Hey y’all, I wanted to share some information for the next PHA International Conference in 2022. Last year was canceled, so many are looking forward to 2022.

I wanted to share this as a reminder for anyone who may wish to attend this awesome event.

If you have never been, it is such a treat. It is like a community or village of all things about PH. I have the opportunity to attend several and speak at one in Dallas.

Are you planning to attend in 2022? If not, hopefully, many of the sessions will be recorded for viewing.

V.R. Peterson replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Robyn Doyle

July 21, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Hello Jen,
    Where will the conference be held?

• Colleen

July 22, 2021 at 3:22 pm

@doyle-prbigpond-net-au the conference will be held at:
      PHA 2022
      June 10–12, 2022
      Hyatt Regency Atlanta
      265 Peachtree Street NE
      Atlanta, GA 30303

If you click on “PHA International Conference in 2022” highlighted in blue in Jen’s post above, it will take you to website for more information.

Do you think you might attend?

• V.R. Peterson

July 23, 2021 at 3:59 pm

I haven’t decided whether or not I’m going next year. It probably depends on what COVID is doing by then. I’m one of those who can’t be vaccinated for medical reasons.

• jen-cueva

July 23, 2021 at 8:56 pm

Same here @mamabear007, it’s a wait-and-see on my end. I’ve been to several. How many have you attended?

Yes, this new COVID variant or variants are scary, and we have no clue what the future holds. I am hopeful and praying that by then; it is all calmed down.

How are you feeling? Are y’all having lots of fires in your area or near you? Enjoy your weekend-hugs.

• V.R. Peterson

July 24, 2021 at 6:35 am

@jenc, my first conference would’ve been last year. We had a fire about 20 miles from us; thankfully, it’s contained and the firefighters have gone home. The only smoke we’re getting now is from the California fires (and maybe those in Oregon).

• jen-cueva

July 27, 2021 at 11:17 am

Hi @mamabear007, I did not realize that you have not been yet to a PH conference. Ues, many had planned to attend last year. Who knows about next year? I hope that we will not have to cancel again.

I’m grateful that the forest near year has been contained. The smoke must make it difficult for anyone with any breathing difficulty.

Do you have asthma or any breathing issues? How is your som doing with the smoke? What about your DIL? Is her hospital seeing new COVID variants, like here? Thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts and vibes.

• Colleen

July 27, 2021 at 12:06 pm

@mamabear007 I’ve never been either. Came really close to going the year Cullen was diagnosed. Arrangements were being made but we canceled at the last minute. He was just too sick at the time and then we never planned on it after that because all our sick and vacation time were used up traveling to California for his PH care.

• V.R. Peterson

July 27, 2021 at 3:06 pm

@jenc, both my husband and I have asthma, but it’s been under control for the most part, even with the smoke. My DIL hasn’t mentioned COVID variants, but I’ve seen a few press conferences where our governor says most of the new cases are the Delta variant.

@colleensteele, those are certainly good reasons to skip the conferences. Our children’s health does need to come first.

• jen-cueva

July 28, 2021 at 10:22 am

Hi @mamabear007, I thought that you had mentioned asthma before. I am grateful that you and your husband are both keeping your asthma under control despite the smoke.

Yes, that delta variant seems to be popping up in many areas. I pray that you and your family stay safe.

• V.R. Peterson

July 28, 2021 at 10:43 am

Thank you, @jenc. I pray the same for you and all our members here in PHN.

• Robyn Doyle

July 23, 2021 at 3:14 am

Hello Colleen,
    It is still a year away. Who knows what will happen with the Covid situation, at this stage, the government would not allow us to leave the country. My daughter cannot fly more than 8 hours at a time. Not as far as Florida from Australia but still closer to the east coast than the west of USA.
    Wait and see.

• jen-cueva

July 23, 2021 at 11:58 am

Thanks, @colleensteele, for sharing that information with Robyn.

You are so right, @doyle-prbigpond-net-au; it is a year away. Who knows what will happen between now and then?

I hate that these new COVID variants are popping up in so many places. We are still not out of the woods.

Here in our Texas area, they just announced that we were back to an orange level last night. This is not a good sign. Unfortunately, the hospital that I attend in the medical center has 3 variants of COVID patients. A few were vaccinated, so that is scary.

We all can remain hopeful and pray for the best.

Stay safe, my friend. Who knows? Maybe we will meet one day at another location for the PHA International Conference. Would you attend if it was closer for you?

• John Caraway

July 23, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Hi, I am curious, will there be scholarships available for this event???

• jen-cueva

July 23, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Hi @jecaraway62, how are you doing? Scholarships are usually available, but it is not posted yet.

I suggest that you keep an eye out on the PHA page with the link that I shared above. Because once they open it up to apply, they get applications in fast. I know in the past, if you are a first-time conference attendee, they usually offer those first.

This is just by information that I have seen through the years as they have this awesome conference. Have you been to any yet?

• John Caraway

July 26, 2021 at 5:50 pm

No I’ve never attended but I’d like too.

• jen-cueva

July 27, 2021 at 11:22 am

Hi @jecaraway62, it is such a surreal time. It is usually 3 days long and very busy. But you can pick and choose which activities you attend. I chose to keep in and missed breakfast with the docs, but I want to be sure to make one of those on at my next conference.

There are patient, and caregiver lead topics, as well as healthcare provider, lead topics. They usually offer so many varieties of topics; all are included.

Because this is international, I met people from around the globe. I was exhausted at the end but hated to leave my “PH village,” as we called it.