• Preparing for Appointments

Posted by Kathleen Sheffer on February 19, 2018 at 10:29 pm

It’s important to be prepared for an appointment, regardless of how long you have been diagnosed with PH. This article outlines seven tips for preparing for your first PH appointment, but the tips are useful for all patients.

As I grew older and became more responsible for my healthcare, I started bringing a notebook to all my appointments. Before the appointment, I wrote down a list of my questions to make sure I would not forget them. To this day, I bring a notebook to my appointments. I have found that a physical sheet of paper is a visual cue to my providers that I am informed and attentive. If I use a list on my phone, they may think I am distracted and paying attention to my phone instead of them. Furthermore, from the notebook they can see that I have a list of questions and will generally give me time work through them all.

Another tip that stands out to me is bringing another person along. It’s difficult to remember everything that’s discussed in an appointment so having a second set of ears always helps!

What do you do to prepare for your appointments?

Kathleen Sheffer replied 6 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.