• Pulmonary ballooning/stent

Posted by Libby on August 27, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Hi all,

I just had a lung procedure last week on the 20th. They ballooned my right lung in several places and then my left lung was so narrower in the top lobe that balloons weren’t working so they put in a stent. I’ve had ballooning done 5 times before so this was nothing new to me but the stent was.

Here is my question. 1. Has anyone had stents placed IN their lungs?

Many people I tell about this say they’ve never heard of stents being placed in lungs and ask me if I am sure it wasn’t my heart. Ih yes, I am sure! But now I’m wondering if this is unusual? Did it help you?

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Colleen

August 27, 2021 at 3:07 pm

@libby interesting! I haven’t heard of this before but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s rare to have this procedure. Did they refer to it as an airway stent? The link below is the closest I could find to what it sounds like you are talking about.

https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/forums/forums/topic/continous-oxygen/

Continous oxygen

• jen-cueva

August 30, 2021 at 12:05 pm

Hi Libby, I have no experience with a BPA procedure and stents. But, I have heard of others having this with PH. I know one PHriend had this BPA procedure when he did not qualify for CTEPH surgery at UCSD. He did have a stent placed.

I do know that it was helpful for him. Once I remember his name, I will try and reach out to him.

Here is a link from UCSD that you may find helpful. I will look and see if I can find this anywhere else. I wish that I could offer more to you about this.

• jen-cueva

September 1, 2021 at 9:50 am

Hi @libby, I wanted to check in and see if you have heard any more about the stent procedure. Do you have a date scheduled yet?

Otherwise, how are things going with you? Thinking of you and sending big hugs your way from Texas.

• jen-cueva

September 20, 2021 at 11:58 am

Hi @libby, I wanted to check in on you to see how things are going for you. Has your stent procedure been scheduled yet? How are you feeling? Please let us know how we can best support you.