Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy What are you doing for PH Awareness Month?

• What are you doing for PH Awareness Month?

Posted by jen-cueva on October 22, 2019 at 10:27 am

Those who are newer to PH may be unaware that November is PH Awareness Month. I usually bake cookies, ribbons or hearts and decorate them in a PH theme. I take these to my PH team and local fire and ambulance stations. This year, I just saw my PH team, so I will not see them next month. Unless I get a boost of energy, I will not be taking them cookies. They may be waiting for Christmas goodies, LOL
    The fire station and ambulances are closer, so I am trying to make their visits this year. Especially since our HOA now has a new Ambulance service.I also take educational information, not only about me, but about PH.

I am working on my 30 Days of PH project for PH News. I also will be sharing on my private social media accounts. I have reached out to the city of Houston to see if they will change the color to periwinkle-or similar on the Montrose Bridge Lights, awaiting a response. I also have some other calls and emails to send out.

What are you planning to do to spread awareness for PH next month, November? You can do things online and over the phone in your comfy PJs. Others have craft fairs and bake sales. Some areas plan their annual PH walks for November, too. I know the one in Dallas does but I am unable to attend this year, it is early in the month. Plus, it is a 4-hour drive there and back.

Please share your stories about spreading PH awareness.

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.