Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What Has Been Your Recent Fail?

• What Has Been Your Recent Fail?

Posted by Colleen on September 14, 2020 at 12:09 pm

I love reading about our weekly wins! It’s so important for our mental well-being to acknowledge achievements and celebrate the good things happening in our lives.

It’s also important not to bury our mistakes and feelings of failure and disappointment. Things go wrong in life, some we can control and some we can’t. What has gone wrong for you recently that you haven’t shared with anyone?

Did you make a mistake with your medication? Is a treatment not working well for you? Did you overexert yourself doing something that wasn’t worth the time it’s taken to recover? Has something gone wrong that isn’t medical related that you want to get off your shoulders.

We all goof up, have bad days and do things that we regret. Let’s share and support one another.

Colleen replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • jen-cueva

September 14, 2020 at 4:29 pm

Well, since I did not update Friday, my fail for the week was the neuro is no longer working on my case. Cigna continued not to want to cover him. So, we start over again with a new Neuro next Friday. One positive thing is that she is in the same hospital as my PH team.

I feel like this is a fail, and we start again. But trying to think positive and maybe she will find the answers that I need.

On another note, my hubby has been home from work sick for the last 2 days. I think it is an upper respiratory infection from his bad allergies. He is on antibiotics, and I am staying away as much as I can, hehe.

The week ahead will only go up from here. What about you, @colleensteele?

• Rebecca Talkie

September 16, 2020 at 12:07 am

My fail is that I passed out again. I was tending to one of my plants on a rock path that leads up a hill in our back yard. I like to go up to the top sometimes but no more. I had just finished trimming it when down I went. I didn’t feel dizzy, I just blacked out. My husband was within 15 ft of me in a lawn chair and did not even notice. I was so fortunate I didn’t hit my head on a large rock on the side of the path. But I must had been out for a while because I got bitten by.
    bugs all over. Also realized later, when I was showing my daughter my bug bites that I had rather large bruises on my back too. So….new right heart cath. Sigh

• jen-cueva

September 16, 2020 at 10:10 am

Oh no, @becca, I am sorry to hear that you passed out again. Please stay safe until you get the heart cath done and some answers. I am surprised that your husband did not hear or notice this again. I am happy that you did not hit your head. Bubble wrap, I say for you. I hope that the bug bites healed. Were you sore after that fall the next few days?

Prayers that you stay safe and no more passing put episodes.

• Colleen

September 16, 2020 at 8:03 pm

Agh @jenc, I somehow missed your update the other day about Cigna not covering your neuro. That is so upsetting! However, seeing a new neuo in the same hospital as your PH team might really be helpful. I hate that you have to start over from scratch but fingers crossed this change turns out to be for the best. How have you been feeling?

I’m sorry to hear that your husband has been sick. Man, what secret can he share to getting the needed antibiotics? I think Aidan should have been on some too. Is it helping? Please don’t get sick too!

• Colleen

September 16, 2020 at 8:08 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that you passed out again @becca! It sounds like another heart cath isn’t a bad idea. I hope it provides some insight and that your doctor comes up with a hopeful plan of action – maybe a change in treatment?

• jen-cueva

September 17, 2020 at 10:11 am

I agree, @colleensteele. I have been trying to think about the positives, and knowing the neurologist is part of the Methodist team helps. The tests that I had while in the hospital will be there for her and anything else that she needs. I am grateful that no new seizures, but my last cal with the previous neuro confused me. He had initially said he did not think that it was epilepsy, but then we wanted me to go into the hospital, not my usual one, for 3-4 days for testing to rule epilepsy pout. I did remind him about our previous calls. It can be frustrating to work with doctors like that. So, Cigna may have to help me in a way. I was so hopeful when I first talked with him, just disappointed. Does that make sense?

Thanks for being so supportive.

Yes, hubby is feeling better, and his last antibiotic was this morning. I am grateful, but I told him to go in not do virtually so she could see his symptoms. He said to her that “his wife” said that he might have a respiratory infection and “she cannot get sick.”

How are y’all feeling this morning?

• Colleen

September 17, 2020 at 10:33 am

@jenc I do wonder if the seizures were more PH related. Some patients are more prone to them than others and everyone experiences them in different ways. That being said, it would have been nice for you to officially rule out epilepsy. I’m feel sad for you that things didn’t go as you and your doctor hoped. Maybe this new neuro will find a way to effectively go to bat for you.

Glad to hear hubby is feeling better, so is Aidan. Cullen and I have minor symptoms and praying they don’t get worse before they get better. Aidan and I are the only ones that go outside and I do think the smoky conditions have played a part in our recent bouts with poor health. One moment I can feel great then suddenly my throat will start hurting and I will cough. I really wish we would get some rain!

Hey, at least you are referred to as “the wife”. In situations like that my dad calls my mom his “old lady” and then my mom pretend to get angry. LOL!