Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Weekly Wins What Wins Can Y’all Share This Week?

• Colleen

April 17, 2020 at 4:27 pm

Gees @jenc I’m such a mush lately! I teared up reading about your surprise visit today. You are so loved and obviously they miss you as much as you miss them!

No Lowe’s yet but I think I will go over the weekend. I might try Home Depot first because that is closer to my home. I feel so guilty every time I go out though, like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar. All of the Starbucks in our area are closed except for the one just around the corner from our home. The drive-thu is always packed and Cullen was with me the other day when I pulled up to it. He was aggravated with everyone including me! He thinks they should be closed and all of the people should be at home.

I think you and @brittany-foster mentioned that you still occasionally go out and get coffee? The barista’s wear masks and following protocol. As long as I stay in the car I didn’t think this was that big a deal but now Cullen has me questioning my decision. I wonder what he will say if I go buy flowers. He has his dad’s dry sense of humor. I can hear him saying, “Look at those flowers by our porch that magically grew over night in hanging baskets!”

• Brittany Foster

April 18, 2020 at 8:18 am

@colleensteele I consider going for drives to get coffee on Sunday morning or over the weekend and just driving with my bf to do this to be one of the highlights of my week. All (almost all) of the coffee shops and chain shops near me are still open. I try to go to the local bakeries to support local business but many of them are closed. I honestly feel for all the places that are shutting their doors and probably don’t have enough to make it past this if they continue to stay closed. I just hope they are all able to open back up eventually! It’s honestly one of the small pleasures in my life but during this time it is more important to me and gives me some sense of normalcy through all of this.

• Brittany Foster

April 18, 2020 at 8:31 am

@jenc that’s so great that your kids stopped by to see you ! Even if it was within distance limits. I always love seeing my nephew and my family. yesterday we had a fire (we are all socially distanced from each other) but it was nice to just be outside and have each other around. My dad stayed even further away from all of us because he works with the general public . It makes me really want all of this to be a thing of the past so badly ! I miss grilling, doing cookouts with my family, and being around everyone without the worry and stress of what could happen. My birthday is the end of May so I am really hoping that things are a little better by then so I can enjoy time with my friends that I haven’t seen in awhile and my WHOLE family, not just my immediate family. It’s so important !

• jen-cueva

April 18, 2020 at 6:48 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele for your kind words. I’m sending you big hugs. Do you think the added stress lately is making you more of a mush? I know that I have been at times.

I, too, get coffee through the drive-thru when I go on s drive, usually weekly. Starbucks and other coffee shops are open here. They are wearing gloves and masks so far.

• jen-cueva

April 18, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Thanks, @brittany-foster, I’m happy to hear that y’all had a little family fire and visit. I agree. I do want to grill and enjoy family, friends, and hugs and we do need those experiences.

I hope that by the time that your birthday arrives, we will be in a better place. I wish that ” Rona” would hurry up and go home. I’ve had enough of her!

• jen-cueva

April 24, 2020 at 11:27 am

What weekly wins can y’all share this week? I did my Yoga and stretching 3 times, so that is a plus. I also made an appointment for my labs on Tuesday since I missed this week.

What about y’all? What little wins can you celebrate this week? Did you get out of your PJs? Did you outdoors more? Was your anxiety better controlled? Let’s talk about it.

Page 2 of 2