Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Why Pulmonary Hypertension Patients Are Often Invisible Patients

• Why Pulmonary Hypertension Patients Are Often Invisible Patients

Posted by pulmonary-hypertension-news-moderator on June 1, 2018 at 5:52 pm

An “invisible illness” is a term used for any disease or condition which is not overtly obvious simply by looking at a person.

Most people with pulmonary hypertension (PH) would be considered an “invisible patient,” meaning they’re considered healthy and able-bodied because they don’t look sick. But just because someone isn’t using supplemental oxygen or nasal cannula, doesn’t mean they’re not sick with a chronic lung disease.

Read more about this topic here: “Why Pulmonary Hypertension Patients Are Often Invisible Patients

Have you ever felt invisible with PH? Are you ever glad your disease isn’t obvious to other people, or do you wish more people could see it? How have you helped other people understand your illness, even when you look healthy?

jen-cueva replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

February 12, 2024 at 2:01 pm

This topic is older, but I will share my latest column below. It’s my experiences or some of them with others. Although some of my PH is visible, e.g., oxygen and using a wheelchair for distances. I try hard to look decent when I get out of my PJs and into the world outside.

https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/columns/wish-others-better-understood-my-battle-invisible-illness/

“Your struggles are real and your strength is inspirational. Let’s share our stories and work to show the world who we are. “

Perfect timing since Rare Disease Day is at the end of the month. Let’s talk about this!