Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Will You Take the COVID Vaccination When It Is Available?

• Jennifer Beaty

January 26, 2021 at 2:39 pm

I think I’m with @colleensteele. My doctors “has me on the list”. But I’m not comfortable enough yet. I think I’ll wait a while.

• Renee Kimberling

January 26, 2021 at 8:34 pm

I will most definitely take the vaccine. Unfortunately in California we are restricted to immunizations by public health clinics which are set up periodically. One must register with the state on-line after the website for the county shows there are appts. available. When you finally get thru after many try later messages, you fill out all the bloody paperwork and press continue and it tells you all appointments are full! Maddening to say the least. I have decided to wait until I know thee is not such a rush. Hopefully the supply will be better soon. Our county was allocated 285,000 immunizations for all levels. Seniors over 65 are a population of 500,000!

• Cynthia

January 27, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Hi all,

I was just saw doctor two days ago, and asked about this vaccination, his words were it attacks your OXYGEN first, meaning you can’t breathe and says it would take me out, due to being on oxygen. Okay, now I’m really afraid. He says it is absolutely safe. Now, mind you I have never had a flu or pneumonia shot and I have done well with my natural chiropractic ways. But, this is next level. So I don’t want to take a chance.

• Margaret

April 1, 2021 at 12:23 pm

Just received first dose of Phizer. Ontario seems to be waiting 16 weeks for second shot but hope it will be sooner.

• Colleen

April 1, 2021 at 3:25 pm

@normarg Yay! I hope you can get the 2nd dose sooner than later. At least you know that you eventually will. What a relief, right?!

• Colleen

May 11, 2021 at 4:06 pm

@jimi it’s been quite a while since we have heard from you. I’m concerned and just want to make sure you are doing ok. If you get a chance just send us a little message and let us know how you are doing.

• jen-cueva

May 12, 2021 at 10:21 am

Yes, @colleensteele, thanks for that reminder. I thought that It was just missed posts by @jimi. We do worry and hope that you are doing OK. I think the last we chatted; you were waiting for a few dates and procedures.

Update us as you feel up to it.

• Steve Sallee

January 19, 2021 at 1:22 pm

Doing better every day if that is even possible. No oxygen, getting energy back, sleeping better than I remember, I am more cognizant, I can tell jokes and remember how to tell them (Important to me). The swelling around my neck has gone down and I don’t look like Puxatawny Phil anymore. Going for walks around the hotel complex increasing distance each time. Should be able to return to SD in about a month they said. I can’t wait to try out my new lungs in my shop. Purchased a good mask/respirator to protect the new parts. nothing but good here. I consider myself extremely fortunate and I cannot thank the donor and taxpayers enough for this gift.

• jen-cueva

January 20, 2021 at 1:27 pm

I am so happy for you, @exjarhead57730! Each one of your posts, I can feel the excitement and gratitude that you share. I can’t wait to hear about your first time back in your shop. I am thankful that you already have the masks and things ready to protect your lungs. My late grandfather owned a body shop, and I know how that can be on the lungs.

We are here along the way, walks and all.

• jen-cueva

January 20, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, thanks, but I think that research was mostly @colleensteele. 😀

I am happy that WA state has the shots available. Let us know how the first dose goes with your hubby. I had not heard the info about the second one. Can you elaborate on that a bit more? I probably read something and forgot. My CRS kicks in often; it seems, hehe.

Smart planning to spread you and your hubby out when you do get the second dose. I, too, worry about the mutations. Thanks for sharing. You make a difference!

Page 4 of 4