• Brittany Foster

April 14, 2020 at 10:08 am

@jonathanhan thank you, I appreciate the link to this and the discount code. I think that it’s smart to have something for temp checks that doesn’t have to go under the tongue. We have one that goes under the tongue in my house and it is germy to think about it being in someone else’s mouth and spreading germs that way. I have always done my best to disinfect it, but still think that even alcohol won’t completely do the trick. This is helpful that it doesn’t even touch the skin. My home nurse uses one like that so that she is the only one actually touching it through the day .

• Colleen

April 14, 2020 at 4:33 pm

@jonathanhan thank you for the link! I’ve wondered if they are worth the money so I appreciate your input. It sounds like it would be a good investment towards caring for my son.

• jen-cueva

April 14, 2020 at 5:55 pm

Hi @jonathanhan, I have been looking on Amazon for a new thermometer. I decided that this may not be the best time to look as the stock is limited. I do like this one, and I hope to replace my old school, although the digital thermometer soon. I will probably not be able to afford that one just yet, but it looks like something that I would prefer.

There are so many varieties, and not knowing about their accuracy except for reading reviews can be confusing. Who would have guessed that we have so many types of thermometers to pick from? -Hehe

Thanks for sharing.

• criswell Well

April 17, 2020 at 1:46 am

If any help is given to you, I will feel very honored! Hope you all can stay healthy!

• Brittany Foster

April 17, 2020 at 6:50 am

@jonathanhan thank you, we hope that you are staying well too! How often do you usually monitored things like your temp reading? Is it just when you aren’t feeling well or is this something that you do every day? I usually just check my temp when I am feeling sick or when I wake up sweating at night to make sure I don’t have a fever. Most of the time I have a pretty low baseline temp so anything above 99.5 usually feels really warm for me.

• jen-cueva

April 17, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Hey @jonathanhan, thank you, and we are happy to have you here. I hope that we can all stay healthy, too. It certainly can be a stressful time. I find it even more difficult because the symptoms are similar to PH.

Like Brittany, when I wake up sweating at night, I take my temp to be sure. Mine has not been over 99.8, so I am watching it. I also am trying to listen to my body a little better.

Do you have a tough time trying to decide if you may have symptoms of COVID-19, worsening of PH, or the flu? I have heard many who do. What are you doing as far as precautions to protect yourself? Have you been on lockdown for weeks now?

Page 3 of 3